• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Early Jap Motor

jap500

Registered
wondering if any body has info on an early jap 500 motor ,the seriel no is 8/369 with the letters e r under it ,also on the timing side case in a raised section is a patent no ,22135/1912, think this is the patent jap put on there lube system,is there a pic of the lower 1 way valve as mine is missing ,believe this motor came out of an early a.g. healing ,an aussie made bike with jap motor, cheers

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
I may be wrong, but isn't there something like one has to have five posts before they can add photos? Or something like that. :shrug:

jap500

Registered
gday all ,hopeless with computers ,can send them to emails but forums,will keep on trying,cheers ,glen

L

Lead Head

Must be a very early engine. I can't find any information at all on JAP flathead engines.