• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Easy Engine Oil Pump Question

JF671

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/11/2019
Greetings All,

I started fussing with an Easy engine, that appears to be capable of running, except that oil pours out from a missing plug or check valve in the lower part of the rear crankcase cover almost as fast as it's poured into the engine. I removed the plug form the right side to see what lived in there, which turned out to be a spring and a check valve/plug. Am I missing a similar set up for the left (as shown in the pics) side, or is something else going on here?

Thanks in advance for the help!

John

Attachments

pigpen60

Registered
Are the threads the same as the one with the checkvalve? I see the pipe plug and wonder why would the company drill a hole and then put a pipe plug in?

pigpen60

Registered
What I meant on the plug is what was its use? A gauge maybe? what would be the benefit of a check ball on the side without? Just talking it out to see if someone will have that Eureka moment.

JF671

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/11/2019
The plug is interchangeable to either side. The engine was apparently pressure lubricated, with the check ball figuring into the system somehow. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to crack 'er open to sort things out here, but that's not out of the question. Worst case, I'll see about fitting a dipper which would probably do a better job of keeping things wet than the pump did .

Bob Whitney

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/30/2019
JF671 I have a ruff drawing of the oiling system that I made about 35 years ago. If you have an oil pump failure the main bearing on flywheel side will seize.:wave:
Bob

Attachments