• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Easy Washing engine question

K

kelly Barnett

I was wondering something. There are a couple of engines on e-bay for sale now and I was wondering if someone could elighten me on something? The engines on e-bay have what looks like alum. flywheels and steel shroud along with a name plate on the back side of the crankcase. I have one, but the shroud is brass, the flywheel is brass, and there is no place for a name plate on the engine anywhere. What is the logic for the differences? Is mine older? And if so, how can I tell the age of it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

D

Dan Baalman

Kelly I have had some of these and have had them with brass flywheel and shroud and aluminum flywheel and shroud. Had a parts one that had castiron flywheel. I would think the brass ones are older. I didn't record the serial nos.so can't say for sure.

Z

Zachary

I had a easy washing machine engine with a brass flywheel also. They are not very common.