• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

EB6500 Honda Generator

ziggyco

Registered
The fuel solenoid will not work. I've replaced it. I have power to the starter, but when I hit the key, the solenoid will not open. I've tested the new solenoid and it works. Any Ideas? Do I have a bad starter switch?

radiodoc

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2021
I would test for voltage at the solenoid with a test light or voltohm meter. If no voltage, then check where the lead to the solenoid comes out of the switch.

ziggyco

Registered
Ck'd lead's from switch and no juice. So I'm guessing bad switch. Any other ideas besides the switch? Thanks Ziggy

radiodoc

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2021
Ziggyco the CRC electronic cleaner Stringj mentioned would be worth a try. It can be had at Walmart or most auto parts stores.