Ebay idea for fixing feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom S

Subscriber
When I sell on eBay I nearly always wait to leave feedback until feedback is left for me. I always get my sold items out within a few days of the payment, and although I don't come out on my listings with a satisfaction gaurantee, I have always been more than willing to buy the items back if the buyer is not satisfied. There are a small percentage of folks who expect their items yesterday, and are nearly impossible to please. These are also the folks who are quick at leaving negative feedback, and those few bad apples out there spoil the barrel if you know what I mean. Maybe I am thinking backwards on this.....

anway, I agree that the feedback system is really flawed!

Gasengin

Subscriber
Tom S said:
When I sell on eBay I nearly always wait to leave feedback until feedback is left for me. I always get my sold items out within a few days of the payment, and although I don't come out on my listings with a satisfaction gaurantee, I have always been more than willing to buy the items back if the buyer is not satisfied. There are a small percentage of folks who expect their items yesterday, and are nearly impossible to please. These are also the folks who are quick at leaving negative feedback, and those few bad apples out there spoil the barrel if you know what I mean. Maybe I am thinking backwards on this.....

anway, I agree that the feedback system is really flawed!

My policy is the same and I fully aggree with you!! the overwhelming majority of buyers (and sellers) are good its the few bad ones who upset the apple cart. Buyers who want cheap shipping instead of paying priority mail and then complaining in 2 days that the item has not arrived really irkes me! Its the impatient ones and the ones who do not fully read the description before buying that are the ones to leave unjust negative feeback.

ListerDiesel

In Memory Of
Franz© said:
Well, I just LOVE this crap from ePay, the pump arrived today, and the seller enclosed a printout of the PayPal notice he received.
PayPal is now advising sellers to NOT ship for several days to be certain the payment has cleared. What a crock of crap this is. PayPal is making a ton of money in addition to their fees by slow processing payments, and making sellers look bad if they take PayPal's advice.
Haven't seen anything like that over here in the UK, sounds a little odd!

We do have a different set of rules and regulations though, maybe it's something they don't need to do over here?

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.