• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

Economy model N with odd carburetor

Shelby Babcock

Subscriber
I picked up a 1 1/2hp N Economy the other day and noticed the carb on it is a bit unusual. I've seen quite a few model N's over the years and I don't think I've ever seen one that is cast into the head. It is cast into the rocker arm stand as well. Would appreciate any info, or if anybody has one like it I'd like to see it. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

Joel Mosley

Subscriber
Shelby,

They definitely made both types of these as original equipment. One had a removable small carburetor that was threaded in and the other one had the one cast in one piece with the head as you have pictured. I'm not sure which one was earlier or later or if they were made concurrently. I think they were earlier. I have seen another like yours in the 303,000 range. I don't have enough data but mine with the removable carburetor has a serial number that is 2608 higher.

Tom Marshall Jr.

Subscriber
I was told by Glen that the first ones had the carb cast with the head . This was difficult and many castings were not useable. so the head was cast seperate from the mixer. You have a early one.