• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Engine at a Pennsylvania Auction…

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
I found this interesting engine at an auction, that has no description associated with it :shrug: . I called the auctioneer, and was told all they have are the two photos, don't know the engine maker, and have had a lot of calls on it :rolleyes: …… Can anyone identify the engine from the attached photos :uhoh: , I can't ? Maybe I’ll go and just buy the IHC LA on a cart :crazy: , but I NEED :p another unusual engine project to work on HELP... me :( .

Attachments

Last edited:

Matt L

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2018
Re: Engine at a Pa. auction…

I know what it is. Lets see if anyone else does.

KyleBlankenship

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/14/2019

my question is what is the engine listed as being a built in salem ohio?

---------- Post added at 01:49:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48:32 PM ----------

Missing parts- Capital
if you look in the crates on the back of the engine there is a connecting rod, id bet theres a piston there too.. :shrug:

Matt L

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2018

Scooby got it. Capital made in writesville PA. Piston and rod are out but there. Saw that engine probably 20 years ago.

Mike in NC

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
04/15/2020
Re: Engine at a Pennsylvania Auction…

Thank you Matty! Who's engine is it? How is the "Bird" doing?

Kirk Taylor

Registered

I found this interesting engine at an auction, that has no description associated with it :shrug: . I called the auctioneer, and was told all they have are the two photos, don't know the engine maker, and have had a lot of calls on it :rolleyes: …… Can anyone identify the engine from the attached photos :uhoh: , I can't ? Maybe I’ll go and just buy the IHC LA on a cart :crazy: , but I NEED :p another unusual engine project to work on HELP... me :( .
That same query regarding the Dissinger Capital showed up in this thread last week:
https://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1505612&mode=linear#post1505612

And here's the auctioneer's website:
http://www.witmanauctioneers.com/saturday-august-25-2018-robert-g-peters-estate-public-auction/

Matt L

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2018

Mike it's fellow over in millersville. The birds good. Had it at rough and tumble last week. Your paint job is still going!

---------- Post added at 08:27:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20:03 PM ----------

Here is another little tid bit about that place. When I saw the capital there was a 1 1/2 hp new holland that was serial number 13. Don't see it in the listing. Don't know what happened to it. That fellow never sold anything.

Heavy Metal

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/04/2020

my question is what is the engine listed as being a built in salem ohio?

if you look in the crates on the back of the engine there is a connecting rod, id bet theres a piston there too.. :shrug:
The item from Salem Ohio is in reference to the green Deming water pump.
Hopefully the connecting rod does match the engine but it is a little different style than other large Capital engines I've seen.

I talked to the auction company today and as of right now they will not have a fork lift or skid steer there. That's going to make load out a pain for those engines not on carts.

Matt L

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/22/2018

The case brought 3000 or 3100. The frick brought 3700.

Heavy Metal

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/04/2020

Most of the missing parts were found spread out in different areas and brought back to the Capital engine. I think the only things still missing were the brass tag and crank guard. The head and rear of the base had weld repairs.

Attachments