• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Entire DELCO MUSEUM Contents SOLD

Harry

Administrator
This message is being posted for Dr. Delco, who wants to sell his entire museum of Delco Light Plants and related collectibles. (A 40 year collection!) THIS IS NOT A ONE BY ONE SALE, NOR FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! The entire contents will be sold as one complete lot and will be priced in the SIX FIGURE category. There are FAR MORE items than this one photo can show! IF you have a museum or are contemplating opening a museum of this caliber, please call 724-345-3639. This phone number is your ONLY means of initial contact. No email!

B

Bob Mitchell

Re:DELCO MUSEUM Contents FOR SALE

As an old friend of DR DELCO, I have often visited this breath-taking display of the history of the electrification of rural America by the Dayton Engineering Laboratory Co, known as DELCO. It is truly a phenomenal collection of 32 volt light plants with 50 restored and operating generator sets and at least 100 32 volt appliances. These include radios, sweepers, mixers, irons, shavers, clippers, a waffle iron, a washing machine, 22 fans of various sizes, assorted electric tools, 3 drills, a bench grinder, soldering irons, assorted 32 volt motors, power stands by Delco and other manufactures, an explosion-proof motor, and several rotary converters (32 volt to 120 volt). He has 3 working battery sets in good condition and many Delco hand tools and wrenches. There are two Delco parts cabinets filled with parts in their original containers.

Known as the only remaining Delco Archive, this collection includes hundreds of original advertising items, salesmen's handouts, catalogs, factory shop manuals, all sizes of metal and porcelain signs, an original lighted Delco sign, ten Delco watch fobs, and much more.

This museum is a must see for the Delco Light Plant enthusiast and should be considered by the serious collector.

H

Harold Hunt

Re:DELCO MUSEUM Contents FOR SALE

At minimum news of this sale should be run across the desk of the current Delco company. Perhaps they are interested in a few pieces. ( I doubt anyone would purchase the entire lot.)

The Henry Ford Museum and the Smithsonian would also be likely targets.

Harold

F

fdew

Re: Entire DELCO MUSEUM Contents FOR SALE

Dr Delco. (Wayne Sphar ) has an incredible collection of Delco light plants and every thing related. Radios salesmans samples, appliances, Fans literature , ETC. He may have one of everything Delco light plant related ever made. He has a light plant made entirely from NOS parts and all the parts to convert a 1925 Chevy to a salesman car with a Delco instead of the back seat.

It is a high quality museum with every thing labeled and ready to run (including exhaust to out side) and a wonderful collection and a world wide reputation and customer base.

Chris J

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2012
Re: Entire DELCO MUSEUM Contents FOR SALE

Sorry to Bump such an old thread, but does anyone know what happened to this collection and if it was put into a museum or open to the public.

I am just curious as to what happened to it.

Culy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2010
If I am not mistaken it was sold. I know of the owner in a neighboring state but wont post his name without his approval. It is in good hands not broken up.