• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Essex Hot Air Engine

Brian.P

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/27/2015
I bought this engine years ago it was missing the disk and the connecting rod
need to make a base and burner and age the rod runs not bad just have to time it a little more

would it have had the water tank at the end for cooling

thanks to woody sins for the measurements
https://youtu.be/U-GOCfoEPsQ

Brian.P

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/27/2015
I added this tank a couple of weeks ago
it ran with out it but should run at a lower heat on hot days

this one never had a tank as there are no holes for the screws and no grove in the flywheel for a fan

when I have the time I will be adding something to run off it

Attachments

deverett

Registered
Seeing your original engine, it just goes to show what a good job MyfordBoy did of copying the design.

I've got a turntable for mine, but haven't hooked it up yet.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Brian.P

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/27/2015
He does great work
I ordered the turn table casting today will have it ready for next year
there isn't many little hot air engines here the 2 shows I had at this year always had someone looking at it

will be nice with the turn table with some old toys on it .going to make a 24 to 30 '' wood top

deverett

Registered
He does great work
I ordered the turn table casting today will have it ready for next year
there isn't many little hot air engines here the 2 shows I had at this year always had someone looking at it

will be nice with the turn table with some old toys on it .going to make a 24 to 30 '' wood top
If you give me your email address, I'll send you a picture of my engine hooked up to the turntable. I can't attach a picture directly here.

Dave
The Emerald Isle