• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Essex Mixer

Bill D

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
I am looking for the fuel line union & nut for a small Essex mixer on a Waterloo boy engine. Or can someone give me some dimensions and drawings so I can make the parts for myself.

Thanks Bill

Jim Parrott

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/11/2018
Bill,

A little while back I made some Essex mixer parts to get an engine running. The inlet fitting was nothing special and the nut came out of a junk can. I think the nut was for a flare fitting and I just enlarged the hole a little. I will eventually take it back off and finish the cosmetic machining to make it look original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUmYegJ0oE8

Jim

Attachments

Joeyd3119

Registered
The engine I'm working on has this kind of odd Essex Mixer on it.
It had two inlet lines on it which I assumed was a "duel fuel" mixer like gasoline and kerosene. Upon tearing it down (it was crammed with a mud wasp nest) and after a non destructive acid bath of the brass and steel parts I discovered one port is for FUEL and the other is for WATER. At least thats how they are marked! I plan on piping propane into the "water port" and gasoline into the "fuel port".
Anybody else use one like I plan on??

Anyway,
I'll post some photos of the rebuild and the propane demand valve when I finish it next week.

Attachments