• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Evans Oilfield engine identification

Econmy Spender

Registered
I just purchased a Evans oilfield engine, the only problem is the owner does not know hp.! I was wondering if anyone can tell me the year, hp., and maybe even value, any info is helpful!

-Economy Spender
(See photos attached)

Attachments

R Dunlap

Registered
If the bore is 6 inches that is an 8 horse engine. This is an early production because of the fact that the counter wieghts are on the crank. The later engines have the counter cast in the flywheel. I am still pumping oil with a 15 horse evans in PA about 10 miles from where these engines were built.

W.P.Klein

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
01/19/2020
I just purchased a Evans oilfield engine, the only problem is the owner does not know hp.! I was wondering if anyone can tell me the year, hp., and maybe even value, any info is helpful!
And a DANDY one it is! As far as I know the flange mount (or cannon style) was only made in 8 hp. Rarely is one seen for sale- you are lucky regardless of the price. Bill Klein

Econmy Spender

Registered
If the bore is 6 inches that is an 8 horse engine. This is an early production because of the fact that the counter wieghts are on the crank. The later engines have the counter cast in the flywheel. I am still pumping oil with a 15 horse evans in PA about 10 miles from where these engines were built.
I have someone that is wanting to know, if you know what year they started casting the counterweights in the flywheel?