Evinrude, need information

Dan Anderson

Subscriber
Old collector friend of mine picked up this little engine. He would like to know as much as possible about it. Also as he wants to get it running where to get parts such as the little crank handle on the flywheel.

Also he cannot find any serial # to tell about the vintage, would love to know that.
There is a tag, which I enclose, but it only says as you enlarge, "To Run Set Valve On No 7

Obliged, with any help.
Dan

Attachments

J.B. Castagnos

That is an outboard converted to horizontal position. The mixer has been rotated with the plate, the mounts are fabricated Inboards never used a crank handle and had a water pump. It should run OK.

JoeCB

Subscriber
Yep', like JBC said, a 1920's vintage Evinrude Outboard converted to horizontal configuration for inboard service. The water tube fittings and mixer modification tell the tale. Here is a pix of my 1920 Evinrude Row Boat Motor (outboard).

Joe B

Attachments

Dan Anderson

Subscriber
Yep', like JBC said, a 1920's vintage Evinrude Outboard converted to horizontal configuration for inboard service. The water tube fittings and mixer modification tell the tale. Here is a pix of my 1920 Evinrude Row Boat Motor (outboard).

Joe B
Joe, would there be any chance you would have more pictures of this engine. This would really help him. Thank you, Dan

JoeCB

Subscriber
The most common Evinrude RBM of the era was the "Model A" , made 1915 thru 1928. The actual serial number would have been on a tag soldered to the fuel tank.

Joe