• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Expansion Engine Progress

typak

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/30/2019
Ed starting on the first cylinder with drilling, threading and face milling for the oil feed holes, water jacket clean out plugs, half compression hole and spark plug hole, the cylinder heads also having spark plugs for duel ignition, the new cylinder heads cast some time ago were a little rough and irregular in finish and a little out in some of the geometry so spent some time improving the patterns and last week cast a couple more with good results.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG

Darryl

Registered
Typak, I’ve got to give you credit for effort to save this rare and weird engine, but even more credit for spending the huge amount of coin you must have spent so far. One question , how the hell do you bullshit your way around that much coin to the missus ? Please let me know because I need a few new angles in that respect myself .

jayvee

Registered
Typak, I’ve got to give you credit for effort to save this rare and weird engine, but even more credit for spending the huge amount of coin you must have spent so far. One question , how the hell do you bullshit your way around that much coin to the missus ? Please let me know because I need a few new angles in that respect myself .

Darryl,
His wingman got his back, viz
1590045766241.jpg

jayvee

Registered
"Please let me know because I need a few new angles in that respect myself."

One would hazard a guess and say you fit in to this group of husbands?????

1590045997217.jpg

Apologies for the digression. NOW, back to the main topic.

typak

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/30/2019
Please let me know because I need a few new angles in that respect myself .
Well Darryl, apparently the missus was always telling me I never listened to her, well, at least I think that's what she was saying?, now, back to the main topic, working into the late hours and tonight we finished the lateral work on the mill, image 4 shows what seems an out of place milled flat on the top edge where in effect the cylinders more or less touch together, both cylinders have this, image 5 marking out the PCD, cylinder ready to come out now and the other cylinder will go in the mill.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG

Last edited: