• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

F&J Big Four X3

Crossley Kid

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/08/2020

As you can see by the picture they have been breeding.

Going to try and have mine (the painted one) finished by the Kingaroy rally in September
There is only one with a serial number which is on the original name plate.

Can't find any other serial numbers, but I did find a difference in the governor/flywheel.

Scotty 2

Registered
Re: F&J Big Four x3

Hello all
When I first read the title I thought....a big pump. Then when I saw the pictures it dawned on me. I'm an idiot.

I've read about the Big 4 but never seen one. Very unusual engines around the traps over here. Well done to round 3 of them up.
Hopefully you will have yours running by Kingaroy. It's not that far away by judging just how quick this year is going. We're in April already.

Cheers Scott
PS: Love the little Honda with it's magic little black button. One of the better things I've wasted money on. :)

Crossley Kid

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/08/2020

The difference in the governor/ flywheel.

The one with no paint has an A on the end of the part number, the flywheel it fits also has an A added to the part number

Nick

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/17/2020

Love the photos mate, interesting to see how the governor was changed. Do any of these have the original ignition setup? My engine was converted to sparkplug. Edd Payne hooked me up with the correct Bosch maggy and castings for the ignitor. Still don't know how the original trip rod was setup though. Every engine I've seen has had its ignition system missing or modified. I made something that looks the part and does work well.

Some years ago I was visiting a mate in Qld and he took me to see a bloke who had two of these in not too bad shape. I want to say he was around Dalby area but I could be way off here.