• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Fairbanks E 120hp

Brave

Registered
Just unloaded our new "project" engine today. Came from the Carolina's. Was originally used to power a flower mill. It's a Fairbanks 32 E 12, rated at 120 hp.
Will have fun soaking and heating this thing to see it crawl back to life someday...
Won't be able to get to it right away but wanted to put it out there to see if there's anyone that may have info. on this beast. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

Peter Holmander

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
Glad to see that someone is rescuing that engine. If it's the same one I think it is, the owner offered it to an engine museum in Connecticut. They declined and a friend of mine told me about it. If I was younger, I would have bought it. Good luck with restoring it Brave !!

Brave

Registered
Will have to find parts or make them. Is there any parts out there? Air filter mount assembly, covers, water inlet manifold, oiler or oiler sight glass covers just at first glance. Also, looking for any info. on diagrams or parts assembly catalog. Thanks

Attachments

Peter Holmander

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/23/2019
I believe the site glasses for the oilers can be purchased. Do a search on here regarding that.

Brave

Registered
Getting back on the project. Built a skid to hold the engine and line shaft with pulleys. Hopefully I’ll be able to pick it up in the next day or two and bring it back to the museum to start tinkering with.

Attachments

Brave

Registered
Well, I got it back and mounted on the new skid. Now, how do I get it off? LOL guess I’ll figure that out Monday.

Attachments