• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Fairbanks Morse Air Cooled

AZ Gary

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/06/2019
Yesterday I purchased a Fairbanks Morse air cooled engine Model 1B-5
SN 115.264870 2.5 HP at 1800 RPM. i know this is not practically an old engine and so far I can't find any sites that deal with this age engine. What i really wanted was the pump which I can't find any identification on it so any help on this would also be appreciated. My understanding at one time this was unit, which is what encouraged me to buy the engine. It is loose and seems in good repair but doesn't have a carburetor, so I need one. Attached are pictures of both.
Thanks Gary

Attachments

K-Tron

Registered
The engine that you picked up is made by D.W. Onan. I believe the original carburetor is an updraft Tillotson. Fairbanks Morse rebranded a lot of these engines. Several stakkers have these engines in their collection, so it shoudlnt be long before someone can provide the model number of the carburetor you are looking for.

Chris

Junkologist

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2019
I’m 99.9% sure the carb on mine is a Zenith. No idea what model the carb is though.
Here’s a video of my engine.

AZ Gary

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/06/2019
Did you send me a manual for this engine? If so I only got every other page. I got the odd numbered ones but not the even number pages.
Gary

---------- Post added at 06:24:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19:03 PM ----------

Did you send me a manual for the above engine? I so I only got the odd numbered pages. If you have them please send the rest.

---------- Post added at 07:12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24:04 PM ----------

Dis regard request for missing manual pages. I got them now operator error

---------- Post added at 07:14:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12:57 PM ----------

Disregard request for pages in a manual. I got them Operator error.