• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

Fairbanks-Morse Eclipse

crazydoug

Registered
Here are some pictures of the Eclipse engine I found at the Coolspring, PA engine show two weeks ago. Today, I added wheels and a handle to the frame it was mounted on when purchased. I also built a buzz box and wiped it all off a bit. The only thing left to do before seeing if it runs is to make the pick-up tube and check valve for the fuel. I even found the Fairbanks-Morse 42 volt DC generator at the same show. It should make a fitting accessory for the engine. So, hopefully, it will be running tomorrow. And if it is not, I'll probably be back on with some further questions! The only other engines I purchased at the Coolspring show were a Breisch Little Brother water cooled model engine that needed some work, but that I now have running, and an upright Maytag magneto-type engine. I will put pictures on when I find the proper categories!

Attachments