• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Fairbanks Morse Sheffield 40b Restoration

wise65vw

Registered
I just got out of college for the summer so not much progress has occurred. However, I did manage to get a choke cable so I'm trying to set that up this weekend. The trick is figuring out how to adapt the model A carburetor to accept it, but I think I've got it worked out. I'll post pictures soon.

wise65vw

Registered
Thanks! I wish I had been able to use solid oak for everything, but it turned out fine regardless. I still need to make the lower engine guard holding plates as well as the two perforated guards that go behind the cylinders. That shouldn't take any real effort. Hopefully soon I'll be able to drag this thing out for a proper test run!

keith1944

Registered
I bet you really felt great when it fired up! I have a 1929 Buda with their model E engine. I can see why Buda and F-M got into a patent fight over them. Was the original color that stark white?