• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Fanning Hot Air Pumping Engine Scale Model from Cabin Fever Auction - with Video

Gil Garceau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2019
Here are a few pictures of the Fanning Hot Air (Strirling Cycle) Pumping Engine model that I was fortunate to snag at the Cabin Fever Auction on Friday. It was a bit grungy and I have now gotten it presentable. Soon I will test it and then I'll replace most or all of the allen head (hex key) bolts with more correct looking hex headed bolts.

QuickJ

Registered
All of those Socket head cap screws are begging to be replaced. Some polished brass hex head bolts would look wonderful on there.
Nice engine Gil, do you know who made the castings?

Jim in Minnesota

Gil Garceau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2019
All of those Socket head cap screws are begging to be replaced. Some polished brass hex head bolts would look wonderful on there.
Nice engine Gil, do you know who made the castings?

Jim in Minnesota
Paul Jacobs offered them for a short time. Not many were produced or sold.

Gil

littlelocos

Registered
In late 2013/early 2014 the patterns for this engine and the other, larger and better known engines that Paul Jacobs produced were shipped to a fellow in California. I don't know his current status regarding whether he intends to produce castings for sale.

We purchased the smaller, lesser-known, and uncompleted projects and intend to rework and/or finish them and re-release.

Todd.