• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Favourite Rally(s)

Last Subscription Date
10/02/2010
Here is a good topic to get some more life from the other Aussies & Kiwis here. Which are your favourite rallies in Australia &/or NZ and why?

WilliamInOz

Registered
My favourites are
Lake goldsmith
Echuca steam rally
Lockington rally (near echuca)
Bendigo Steam and Oil Preservation Group Run days at the bendigo show grounds.

Cheers, Will

Luke

Registered
My Favourite rallies start obviously with our home rally, the Clarendon Classic. But I also enjoy the two Campbelltown Steam Museum rallies each year - great site & rally, but we enjoy it as much for the get together around the fire each night! Cheers, Luke

Last Subscription Date
10/02/2010
In no particular order:
The Rusty Iron Rally at Macksville - great location; usually impressive line-up of engines; collectors come from all over NSW, QLD and even VIC so it is a good chance to catch up with people I have not seen for a while.
The Clarendon Classic (my home rally) (Hawkesbury Showground) - not as big as some but always some very nice and rare engines; friendly atmosphere (and less than an hour from home!)
Manilla - a great little rally. Relaxed and friendly; great atmosphere as the compounds are tightly packed as it is not a big site.
Lake Goldsmith - just its size is impressive. The permanent sheds have an amazing array of displays. The only downside is that it is a bit of a journey from Sydney.
Canberra (Queenbyan Showground) - another great, freindly rally. Always well run with a big roll up of engines.
Also worthy of a mention are the Wagga Wagga and Cootamundra rallys. I have missed the last couple due to other commitments (although I did get to Coota for a look this year). Both are well run and growing.

cobbadog

Registered
Even though we are both really new to all this action with engines and other toys, we havent bee to a bad one yet. Our home rally is the Rusty Iron Rally and we have been to the Timbertown venue at Wauchope twice (it too is close to home). This year is our first RIR with an engine and a mower but our first rally was at Macksville on the 15th Birthday celebrations of our club. As has already been mentioned these venues are just great. We will be doing some more travelling as time goes on and we are looking forward to visiting other clubs and meeting even more people with the same common interests.
John N Dee

john gilbert

Registered
The best locally for me, is the Tri Annual Jucntion Rally at Wentworth NSW, at the junction of the once Mighty, Murray River and what used to be the Great ,Darling River, a really great Rally with all sorts of engines , tractors, vintage Cars, Paddleboats on the River, etc, etc, and it's on again Next Year , get ready for it.
The other I like is the Waikerie Bi Annual Rally and it is on next month, always a great Rally for a small country Town. Other than that we have our own local Rally at the Wentworth Show next weekend. Always a good one for the few of us locals who do actually get to display our engines. I will take one for Russell in his absence. cheers John