• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

FB hoist engine

Triac

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/29/2020
So far the help I have received here in identifying my latest toy has been of great value. Thanks. My next question is, can I find parts for the winch? Is this a rarity? Should I even put it to task as a mine hoist? I don’t want to wear it out if it is rare and of value. I have sent the magneto out for rebuild and the motor bearings and gears look good.

Last edited:

dkamp

eMail NOT Working
Without a link to any previous identification, your thread is dead-ended... add a link to whatever original identifications, photos, etc. you've posted, so we know what you're talking about...

Triac

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/29/2020
It looks like none of the pictures uploaded. Ill try again.

Triac

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/29/2020
So far the help I have received here in identifying my latest toy has been of great value. Thanks. My next question is, can I find parts for the winch? Is this a rarity? Should I even put it to task as a mine hoist? I don’t want to wear it out if it is rare and of value. I have sent the magneto out for rebuild and the motor bearings and gears look good.
ProspectorHoist002a.jpg