• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Ferguson 30 stuck 3 point hitch

cub102

Registered
i am working on a 1948 Ferguson 30 and the 3 point hitch went up when it was running so the pump was working but now it wont go down.
i have drained the oil and a lot of sludge and crap came out of it and i even had to dig a hole through the dirt to get the oil to come out of the drain holes. so it has not been maintained very well.
the pump has been removed because i thought the valve was sticking and the 3 point arms will still not come down.
i put pressure on the arms with a loader and they still did not move
what is holding it up?
i had the top cover unbolted but it will not come off because part of the lift inside is catching under the axle housing.

cub102

Registered
i figured it out after a while and just unbolted the lift cylinder and let everything fall off the top cover because the piston was rusted in the cylinder and it was caught under the top of the rear end housing. now its all back together but its hard to get it adjusted right