• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Ferguson and Massey Ferguson Tractors

casertractor

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/24/2018
I have noticed that their is not much talk here on Stak about Ferguson and Massey Ferguson tractors and implements so i thought i would start a thread on both makes as i am shure alot of folks here own a Fergie or even have a collection of them.Here is the place to showcase your Fergie's

Here are three Ferguson tractors from the Country Heritage Park Former Ontario Agricultrial Museum collection at Milton Ontario Canada.Left to right Ferguson TO20 or 30? with Arps tracks,Ferguson Brown Type A and the last one is a TO20 wich was the first one made

Attachments

ulgydog56

Registered
the first one is a 30,after the ford-harry ferguson break up, the to- series went from to-20, to to-30, to to-35 same with the te series out of England, the 20 was a brake thru because of the 3 point ferguson system, the 35 is three times the tractor as to-20, duel range tranny 6 speed, over head valves live pto and draft control and 12 volt, rated around 33 hp, have a super kit in mine 37 hp, I've had 1 in the harness for 64 years, there just good utility tractors and parts are everywhere......:D

OrgWayne

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/22/2017
Was 6/7 , when I got to drive Uncles 1952 Fergie, we would pull a wagon of bales onto barn, I would got back and forth, pulling the load of bales with a 4 tine hay hook, as time when by got to do more stuff !!, never did cut hay with for some reason
Wayne:salute:

ychs

Registered
My brother and I grow wine grapes and have an all Massey Ferguson "fleet":

MF35 gas, sold a few years ago
MF135 gas with multipower, retired and sitting in the brush
MF135 diesel with loader, in active use
MF245 diesel, in active use
MF245 diesel with loader, in active use.

Oh, and a Massey Harris 92 combine

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
Dad's first tractor was an 8N Ford which he bought new. He never had much luck with it so got a Fergie TE20 (or could have been a Twenty85, I forget?) That tractor did all the farm work on 90 acres.
Place I worked for years had plenty of Masseys - 35s, 135s, 245s, and bigger. Some of those old 135s had over 10,000 hours on them at the end.
The only issues I remember were leaking fuel lift pumps, and power steering occasionally.
The worst problem was water getting into the rear ends. We got some special boots to put over the gear shifts to seal out the water, and that seemed to help.
They started easily in all weather, but I have seen them started in the winter and the hydraulic pump blew apart because it was laying in ice at the bottom of the rear sump!

JBH2020

Registered
I have three ferguson,s. 2 TO-20's (both 1950). I have a TO-35 (1959) with 1800 hours. I am interested in mid mount mower parts either FEO-35 or Massey Ferguson #135. (They are both the same only they were manufactured over the Ferguson-Massey Ferguson time line). If you have one I would like to talk.

Jesse Zilafro

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/13/2020
the first one is a 30,after the ford-harry ferguson break up, the to- series went from to-20, to to-30, to to-35 same with the te series out of England, the 20 was a brake thru because of the 3 point ferguson system, the 35 is three times the tractor as to-20, duel range tranny 6 speed, over head valves live pto and draft control and 12 volt, rated around 33 hp, have a super kit in mine 37 hp, I've had 1 in the harness for 64 years, there just good utility tractors and parts are everywhere......:D

ronm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
I have noticed that their is not much talk here on Stak about Ferguson and Massey Ferguson tractors and implements so i thought i would start a thread on both makes as i am shure alot of folks here own a Fergie or even have a collection of them.Here is the place to showcase your Fergie's

Here are three Ferguson tractors from the Country Heritage Park Former Ontario Agricultrial Museum collection at Milton Ontario Canada.Left to right Ferguson TO20 or 30? with Arps tracks,Ferguson Brown Type A and the last one is a TO20 wich was the first one made
The only real way to tell if it is a 20 or a 30 is the oil filter. 30 had a cartridge filter on the right side of the engine. 20 had the filter in the bottom of the oil pan. The Ferguson emblem on the side of the hood said Ferguson 30 on the 30's, but a lot of those emblems are missing now. Otherwise they are identical except for the engine displacement.

gpickett

Registered

A colleague and I have a 1948 Fergie under rebuild and have a question regarding cylinder compression. The following reading were taken:-
Cyl No 1 2 3 4
Dry PSI 55 75 50 75
Wet PSI 100 100 75 110

Our question is, what does it mean ??? Dud valves or dud rings?

Any advice appreciated

Thank you

George

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
You say it's under rebuild, , have you installed new rings ? are those readings before or after?