• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Field-Brundage, Racine Sattley and Sattley Engine Registry

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Denis, the flywheel reads TA16444.
The serial letters and numbers TA16444 is sure indication that your engine was built by Nelson Bros. in Saginaw Michigan. People often refer to these as the "New Sattley" engines. They were built by Nelson Bros. but sold by Montgomery Ward.

Denis Rouleau

Mike Linder

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Are the Page engine made in Canada that are copied from Field-Brundage have the same size engines flywheels and hp as the engines made in the USA?

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Are the Page engine made in Canada that are copied from Field-Brundage have the same size engines flywheels and hp as the engines made in the USA?
You guys will have to help me with that one. This is the first time I hear of a made in Canada "Page" copied from Field-Brundage engines.

Denis Rouleau

BakerCollector

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Does this appear to be a Field Brundage engine? There is no tag. I have another one listed on my United registry tagged United but I haven't been able to prove the builder yet.

CODY K

Registered
Denis, My sattley you have put in your registry is put down as a hit n miss. It is a throttler. I see a few other throttlers that are put down as a hit n miss as well! Cody

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Denis, My sattley you have put in your registry is put down as a hit n miss. It is a throttler. I see a few other throttlers that are put down as a hit n miss as well! Cody
Please tell me which engines (need serial number to make changes) are throttlers and not H&M.
Thanks!
Denis Rouleau

BakerCollector

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
That's exactly what it is (Type B United) but I'm looking for the manufacturer. United never actually made an engine they only sold other companies engines. It's been suspected that F&B produced these for United but nothing set in stone on that theory. Was looking to see if any F&B exists that look identical with similar serial numbers to try and 'confirm' that suspicion.

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
That's exactly what it is (Type B United) but I'm looking for the manufacturer. United never actually made an engine they only sold other companies engines. It's been suspected that F&B produced these for United but nothing set in stone on that theory. Was looking to see if any F&B exists that look identical with similar serial numbers to try and 'confirm' that suspicion.
No Field-Brundage built engines look anything close to this United type B.

Attachments

CODY K

Registered
Denis the ones I noticed are # TA16444, U1125, U4117, U4956. The ones with the big square looking carburetor are throttle governed!

BakerCollector

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Does anyone know of an engine that was made that resembles the Type B United? Another suggestion was Bluffton built but I haven't seen one of those either to compare.

Skip Landis

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/06/2019
Denis, here is a 3 hp that i have, #10233. I don't have pics. It is throttle governed, missing webster & bracket. I would sell it for $195 if anyone wants it. skip

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Denis, here is a 3 hp that i have, #10233. I don't have pics. skip
Did you get the serial number off of a name tag or from somewhere else on the engine? That serial number is close to the last number used on a Field-Brundage.

Denis Rouleau

Denis Rouleau

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019

David Babcock

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
Denis, ive always suspected that the "new sattley " engines were built at the old field plant in jackson and not nelson bros. Saginaw, as most think. I think this advertisment may prove this? Db.

Attachments