• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Finally brought home a past fetching

W.P.Klein

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
01/19/2020
I broke the crown gear on this George Maloney power while retrieving it a few years ago (yeah- did something stupid!) and it has waited out back of the dealership for me to get around to repairing it. Fixed her up last weekend and brought her home. You can see that the pumper also had to do some repairs back in the day. I suspect the rights to the design were purchased by Producer's Supply of Franklin (makers of the Franklin Valveless engines) as I have a Producer's Supply 3 ring power of the same design and both are called "Iron King". Bill Klein

Attachments

SamC

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/19/2019
Looks like a neat find, Bill! I have never heard of a George Maloney power before, was it built in Franklin as well? Take care, Sam

W.P.Klein

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
01/19/2020
Yes Sam, you can read "Franklin Pa" on the right arch in the 2nd pic.

Tom, the one you picture is a 3 ring power like my Producer's Supply. Did you happen to see a name on the one in your picture?

Bill Klein