• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Flat belt Fairbanks Morse generator

Kirk-NJ

Registered
I have an old Fairbanks Morse flat belt generator. It's locked up. Is it worth fixing up? get you get parts? Is there any value in it the way it sits. Thanks, Kirk

Attachments

Harry

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a desirable one. Too bad it was exposed to the outside weather. I will move this to the generator forum.

drumfield

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2018
If I had it, I would probably try to restore it just for gits and shiggles. And something to keep me busy. Might take me a while, but I would give it a go.

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Without question it should be saved and repaired. They don't make them like that anymore, and they certianly never will again.

It might not need as much you think either. I wish I had it to tinker with. :D

Kirk-NJ

Registered
Thanks for all the input. I'm going to take it to my friends shop for tear down to see how bad in is. If we can save it we will.

DCAmp

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/17/2020
Even if you can't get it to power, it will still be a good piece to put on an engine for display.