Florida Flywheelers 2014

hitmis1

Hi,
What are the dates for the Florida Flywheelers engine show 2014.
Thanks in advance.
Bill in KY

Charlie1925

Subscriber
Re: Florida flywheelers show date for 2014

Bill, Try---www.floridaflywheelers.com wooks for me The big show is Feb 19-22 2014 Roger Weinhold aka Charlie 1924 Have a good time, I have been at this show the last 4 years, I show AllisChalmers. I live in Georgia

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-04-2014 at 11:51 PM ----------

Bill, Don't forget Zolfo Springs Fla. It's just south of Ft Meade Roger about a week later

djunger

I am considering going to the Florida Flywheelers swap meet in Fort Meade Florida and wanted to know if it was a good show with lots of parts and engines for sale. Anyone who has been to this show and can provide any information about the quality of this show would be much appreciated.

Charlie1925

Subscriber
djunger, The Fly Wheeler shows are all big, they let golf carts in, in fact the place is so big you need one, they rent them there, about $65.00 a day, have fun. Roger Weinhold aka Charlie 1924, I have been to the last 4 shows in Feb only, I show a 1925 AllisChalmers tractor.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

djunger, Roger Weinhold again, I live in Acworth, Ga

Phil P

Hi

My partner in the Jones engine will be there with his Bessmer but the Jones engine is still a long way away from being ready for the show.

Phil P

Thiel

Subscriber
well, the shows and swap meet are generally good, but what is labeled swap meet is essentially the same they do during the show. You will find the exhibitors in their robed off section, general flea market booths and a mix of engines and parts. Depending what you are looking for you may get lucky. You can also try the show at the Pioneer Park in Zolfo Springs at the end of Feb into early Mar. Regardless, sitting outside at 70 degrees surrounded by the sound of running engines, beats the cold snap we have right now. I will be there.

Preston Wells

Subscriber
djunger we'll be set up on row 1 & 2 spaces 11 & 12. Stp by and say hi if you go. We'll have a few parts and a couple of engines for sale.:wave:

Greg Best

Subscriber
All of you guys and gals grab a engine and head down. This weekend its going back into the 80s, Im across from Preston.

Steve Taylor

Cabin fever hitting early this year and I'm considering making my 1st trip to the Flywheelers. Is the show better than the swap meet?

Laughingindian

Hello guys, I am a new member, interested in ALL Old machinery. My area of expertise is Antique Motorcycles, but I also have a 1939 9N Ford. I have always enjoyed the Florida Flywheelers Meets. This year there will be something special there. I am a Rider in one of only 3 remaining Wall of Death shows in America. Like the Flywheelers, we are 'Preserving the Past for the Future' We will beset up and performing at the Feb. Show and hope to see you all there!!

Reed S. Benton

Subscriber
Well worth the visit but a lot of the flea market merchandise is not hobby-related from what I could see. Old and dirty describes a lot of it. Then again, one man's junk is another man's treasure. Good luck. Good advice on renting a golf cart but watch out for crazy cart drivers who are looking at junk and not where they're driving! I am 71 and still prefer to walk!

Greg Best

Subscriber
Hello guys, I am a new member, interested in ALL Old machinery. My area of expertise is Antique Motorcycles, but I also have a 1939 9N Ford. I have always enjoyed the Florida Flywheelers Meets. This year there will be something special there. I am a Rider in one of only 3 remaining Wall of Death shows in America. Like the Flywheelers, we are 'Preserving the Past for the Future' We will beset up and performing at the Feb. Show and hope to see you all there!!

Haven't seen the wall of death since the early 70s, are your bikes 60s models with straight pipes?

Laughingindian

Greg, we use Indian Scouts 1924 and 1928. We also use mid 70's Harley SX250's. We look forward to seeing you at FFW! here's a pic of one of our 28's. It runs a Splitdorf Mag and Schebler carb just like a lot of ya'lls Old Tractors!

LandLFarm

We are going to be in Daytona for two weeks for the Daytona 500, How close is the show to Daytona?
Linda and Lewis