• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

FM 118 hit and miss

Reed Engine

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Doug W tells me there was a L shaped gizmo that attached to the FM 118 that allowed it to run hit-n-miss. Would anyone have a picture of this thing?

Reed Engine

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Im thinking of attempting to make one even if I don’t see one. I’m building a dip stick open hopper 118 right now. If it were hit n miss that would make it all the cooler I think.

Reed Engine

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
So. I decided to just fab my own. This is how far I got today. Ill get the rest next week.

Attachments

Dwayne Fuller

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Looks like a good start. We will need a video of it running when you complete the project.

Bear67

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/02/2020
Congratulations. It sounds great.

Makes me think I need to start something with the 118 sitting in my way in the shop floor.

Reed Engine

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Had a CA 50 Impco laying around. So I made a manifold to adapt it on. Works like a dream. Starts easy easy and cycles perfectly.

Reed Engine

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Pat, thank you but I don’t think I would sell it. That engine has been in the back yard for about 30 years. I always kept saying someday I need to make it run. Then a Doug W said something about making it hit n miss. Just wouldn’t be right to sell it now.