• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

FMC Bean Cutler Ridemaster

AZ Gary

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/06/2019
I acquired this unit. The SN is J 29665 Model A. I think it has the original engine but can't find any identifying name or numbers on the engine. My understanding orginally they either had Wisconsin AK or AKS engines. Is this what it is or is it some other make. I need a carburetor for it. I understand Bolen eventually made units like this. Thanks for any help. I have 4 pictures attached but have more if needed for identifying.

Attachments

uglyblue66

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/07/2018
That looks like a later model Wisconssin Robin engine. I had 1 on a Wen-Power welder until the flywheel shattered.

AZ Gary

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/06/2019
Agree, replacement engine, looks Japanese. Look engraved on the block for any ID
I have looked on the block for an ID but will check again. Are parts available if so any suggestions where.

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
We have a Ride Master / Bolens tiller version of this, what is the connection between this FMC version and the Bolens? Also are there any parts sources for them? Not the motor but the tractor chassis itself.

AZ Gary

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/06/2019
We have a Ride Master / Bolens tiller version of this, what is the connection between this FMC version and the Bolens? Also are there any parts sources for them? Not the motor but the tractor chassis itself.
My chassis has been field repaired. If you needed a transmission I'm not sure about getting one. Trying to find the exact engine I have is my problem. Mine is red, but have seen some green ones what is the right color. Is there any listing of SN so I can tell what year mine is?

K-Tron

Registered
Robin/Fuji typically stamped the front left mounting foot of the crankcase with the model number of the engine.

Chris

AZ Gary

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/06/2019
Robin/Fuji typically stamped the front left mounting foot of the crankcase with the model number of the engine.

Chris
I looked but not there. To reverse this unit does the two steel pulleys make contact to each other?

Jeff P Smith

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
Gary I have some Ridemaster info, just need to find it. I have one, I think 1955
I know I have an extra copy of the above manual

Last edited:

Jeff P Smith

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
I looked but not there. To reverse this unit does the two steel pulleys make contact to each other?
Yes, when you pull the lever back it lifts the engine cradle and one pully rides inside the other for reverse. Let me know if you are coming down, I will be off the next 10 days and mostly home

AZ Gary

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/06/2019
Gary I have some Ridemaster info, just need to find it. I have one, I think 1955
I know I have an extra copy of the above manual
[/QUOTE
i think mine is a 1947 or earlier because from what I have read Bolens bought them out in 1947 and started calling them Bolens Ridemasters. Mine also has a later Robins engine with a SN of EY44N 3600. I would be interested in a manual especially if it says anything about the transmission. As mine has the different engine and other modifications I'm not worried about trying to keep it original, just more useful.