• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

Fuel pump problems on IHC 1 1/2 m engine

Gshutt

Registered
I’m having issues with a fuel pump that I rebuilt. I put new balls and spring in pump packed to stop sucking air in. I’m getting fuel to pump but I’m not getting enough pressure to go up fuel line to carburetor. Plunger is going down when flywheel is turned.I need someone smarter than me to give me some advice.

Gshutt

Registered
I’m having issues with a fuel pump that I rebuilt. I put new balls and spring in pump packed to stop sucking air in. I’m getting fuel to pump but I’m not getting enough pressure to go up fuel line to carburetor. Plunger is going down when flywheel is turned.I need someone smarter than me to give me some advice.

Matthew Guy Clarke

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/23/2019
Unless the plunger is sloppy in the bore to suck air, and leaks gas, a seat or both seats have to be leaking. Except if line to tank or pickup tube problem.
I take a new ball and drill a hole and thread and put a shaft in it, then hook to drill with lapping compound and lap a new seat in the casting . That should do it.