• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Gaar-Scotts are Grrrrreeaattt!

A.D. Baker

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/22/2011
Found another GREAT Gaar Scott photo in the stack! I'm guessing 22hp double or 25hp double with full head of steam. IMG.jpg

GaarScott

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/26/2009
All,

The 40 Gaar that A.D. Baker posted a picture of, it appears that they made a shrowd to go around the clutch assembly. I would assume that that engine would be a whole lot nicer to operate without the rear tank in the way. For those that have had an opportunity to operate Jerred's 40hp GaarScott, they know what I'm talking about. However, steering that beast from the platform is a challenge too. We, Jerred and I, experienced that prior to finishing the crowman's platform.

Lawrence

GaarScott

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/26/2009
Sam,

Can you tell us anything about the minature sitting in beside Harold's 1/2 scale? Sure looks like a neat little model.

Lawrence

S. Ertel

Email NOT Working
Last Subscription Date
02/20/2012
This was the first engine he built. Its does run and is a great look'n model.. It has a small propane tank inside the water wagon... I believe this was a model of his grandad's 25 h.p.... I was telling Harold about Gaar's science project this year and how he did it on steam. He had various Mammod models fired and some of our family history. Harold told me that we should have came and got this one or even the 1/2 scale to take to school:eek: So, when Gage is in 4th grade he'll have one hell of a project to show... Gaar wasn't real happy to say the least.. Next I'm gonna have to run the double up to school for "Lunch with Dad day"...:D The things we do for our kids......;)

Sam

GaarScott

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/26/2009
Sam,

Nicholas' science fair is coming up and he too wants to do it on steam! However, when he approached the teacher about having a fired up engine outdoors, can't get the engine inside the gym, they said the contestants have to display inside. Also, the school won't allow him to have anything with a fire in it...can't run his mamod steamer at school.

Your idea of taking the 18hp double to school sounds cool! I'm sure all three of the boys will enjoy that day!;)

Lawrence

S. Ertel

Email NOT Working
Last Subscription Date
02/20/2012
[B]We are still small town here so having steam at the schools isn't an issue.. At least not yet that is..:shrug: This is the reason why I put it back on rubber as we still have the small town festivals and parades where we always took engines in for years... I want my boy's to experience the same as well as the rest of the kids in the area......[/B]

Attachments

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
Sam, what did you use for rubber? I've been looking for ideas for my tractors and yours looks Great!

S. Ertel

Email NOT Working
Last Subscription Date
02/20/2012
Got the idea from Jonus when I first visited his shop in preparation to having the Gaar boiler built.... This is a pic of his 23-90.. I really don't like putting rubber on but this was the best I'd ever seen so he explained it to me and got me the tires.... These are brand new "blemished" tires he gets. It does take him a while to get two matching.. They are pressed on with no seam... Its not easy at all:faint:

Attachments

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
So where are the current photos Sam? Did you add "frivets" on the boiler?

I'm sure Jonas will be pleased to see yet another engine up and running. We may have to have a "Jonas inspired" line up of engines:eek:

Thanks
Beth:wave:

GaarScott

Registered
Last Subscription Date
05/26/2009
Sam,

That does look like a lot of work...work most of us wouldn't be able to do, as we wouldn't have access to the machines you apparently do!:D Great job though!

Lawrence

S. Ertel

Email NOT Working
Last Subscription Date
02/20/2012
Well I won't have the jacket done by NTA, but yes there will be some on it..... I'll get some more pics when she's outside. We are plumb'n it tonight and tomorrow, hopfully outside first part of next week ....

Sam

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Sam,

You have about 2 mos to finish!:eek:

The final touches to my jacket, et al came the day before the show started in 2007....good thing I haul my own engine!:D

Beth:wave: