• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Gaar-Scotts are Grrrrreeaattt!

S. Ertel

Email NOT Working
Last Subscription Date
02/20/2012
If yer in the Richmond area this weekend, we'll be head'n back down again with the double for the Richmond Oktoberfest over in the Historical District, or Depot District as some call it.. They shut the streets down and have one big German style party.. Among the taverns, antique shops, restaurants, train depot, Richmond Bakery (original Gaar Office), live bands and food, the new Model "T" museum will be open for its second year.. The Wayne County Museum (started by the Gaar Family), also has a great collection of Richmond manufacturing items.. Come on down..

Attachments

Trevor Guenter

Registered
Here are pictures of my 25hp compound return flue. I think this one of the most interesting built engines out there. its a locomotive style boiler with a return flue! There are no rivets in the large flue either, I think it must have been forge welded:shrug:. As you can see I need some parts, the most concern I have is for a Flywheel and crank disk and bearing caps. I will probably build all the gearing for it.

Attachments

GreasyIron

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2019
Maybe my mind is stuck in a box after seeing Trevor's photos, but a relative sent me this photo taken not a mile our farm, circa 1913.

I know the resolution isn't great, but is that a return flue Gaar? If not, maybe this post needs to move somewhere else.

Added a jpg, but the resolution is worse.

Attachments

G Willikers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/03/2020
Picked up some post cards at a show today and this was among them. It shows the 33 hp, or 40, if you like, GS at WDM-Yorkton, Saskatchewan.On the card, it says it pulled a 14 bottom plough on the Prairie, and then went into a saw mill up north.
Not sure if this is still running, but I saw it running at Yorkton's summer show about 10-12 years ago. It was on the saw mill and sounded nice.
From testimonials, there were a few of these in western Canada, more than you might think.

Attachments

casertractor

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/24/2018
Does anybody here know what is going on with the 25hp double cylinder Garr Scott in Ontario?.Has their been any progress with it?