• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Gary Parker Auction

German George

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2019
I have booked my flights and will arrive on late wednesday eve:D I am wondering who buys the 20C it's probably not me not this time:mad:

Regards George

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
There is a nearby collector who is sure to make waves at this sale........ :bonk:

German George

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/14/2019
Maybe this Collector runs soon out of money:D
Probably not:mad: As long as i get some of the Hart Parrs
it would be ok for me( iam nor greddy and will leave some HP for Steve:D)

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
Please! Who is Gary Parker? Is there some biography available on the man and information on the collection? Is this an estate sale?
G.

Mike Harmeling

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
My understanding is that he is a collector who is still with us, but thinning down some, but not all, the herd. (One of the early pics had a Fairbanks-Morse in the background that's not listed - gotta keep some toys!).

Mike

Tony Thompson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
09/18/2019
:wave:
I too, would like to know a bit about anyone who can manage a world class collection like this with such a conservative nature....biography anyone :shrug:

greysteam24hp

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/31/2013
I know Gary Parker very well. He has a nice collections in some years. I might attend this sale.

S.Simons

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/04/2010
Which Hart Parr shall I buy :O We should have Gary's permission before any Biography, better yet go to the sale and Kurt will give us one...... :wave:

Mark Schuller

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/14/2020
If this works, here is link from Robert Pence with pictures from the 2008 Maumee Valley Antique Steam and Gas Assoc., New Haven, Indiana show. We featured Hart Parr and Oliver. Gary let us bring out several tractors and crawlers from the collection. We even got to thresh with the 30-60.

http://www.urbanindiana.com/in_maumee_valley/in_maumee_val_2008.html

I will warn you that these are high resolution pictures so it may take some time to upload. With Gary's stuff and a couple other collectors, there was almost a complete line-up of light weight Hart-Parr's. We were only missing a 16-30E and a 18-36G from a complete set.

Mark Schuller

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/14/2020
Jeff,

No, the credit for the pictures and website goes to Robert Pence. He has taken pictures at the Maumee Valley show for the last several years. He was not able this year due to other commitments. Please check out his website, www.urbanindiana.com for other show pictures and other interesting items from Indiana.

Mark

JKWidener

Registered
Last Subscription Date
07/06/2014
I hope to be there for a few purchases, and also to shoot video of the big dollar items being sold. Watch this thread for videos.. I will probably be staying overnight for the second day of the sale, so the videos wont be posted untill the evening of the 25th.

Mark Schuller

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/14/2020
George, Yes I will be at the sale. Actually, I am helping Gary get ready for the sale and are finding some more stuff everytime I go over. Found 3 rear extension rims for a Hart-Parr 18-36 roundspoke, a full set of steel for a IHC W-40, a full set of steel for a IHC W-30, an early set of front steel for a IHC 15-30, set of rear steel for a F-20, set of front steel extensions for a IHC (W-40?), etc. Also, found a pile of 12-20 Twin City engine parts and a front axle. I do not know what else we will find. Just keep checking the auction website for updates on the pictures. Also, the auction catalog is now done and posted on the auction website. See you at the auction. Mark