Generac GP8000E

Hummer

Just got a GP8000E with .4 hours on meter. Unit appears to be well designed and made. Only problem I have noted is when transport handle is pulled up the plunger does not align exactly with hole to keep it in the OUT/Transport position but I can take care of that with Dremel Tool.

It is right at 200 lbs and so far everything seems good to go. It comes with a prewired charger port and a charger that is per the manual for intermittent usage. Battery does not self charge while unit is running so will plug charger in a 120 port while it is running.

I will add moly powder to the engine for the initial break in.

Hummer

It now has 5.2 hours on it and is purring right along with the load on it. The moly appears to be doing its job just fine.

I ran it dry this morning and let it cool down 5 hours, topped it off again and will let it run dry tonight.

Should be good to go for the hurricane coming in though I don't expect much 95 miles inland except alot of rain and maybe a little wind taking down trees.

Was reading the owners manual and apparently ethenol 10% is OK and they want tank to run dry when finished with it and leave no gas on board.

Our fire dept is going to put out our sign for people to use our yard for parking campers if they are self contained.

Hummer

All we got was wind. Cranked it off today at 14.9 hours and ran it 90 minutes. Checked oil added a bit of 5W30 and it now has over 17 hours with three electric heaters and a half HP motor on it.

I am very impressed with how smooth it runs with minimal vibration.

Guess I will let my Powerback 5250 go. All it needs is the parts to get the intake valve operating. It came loose and stopped cold.