Generac im-52-g generator

rbeesley1

Model# 9462-0
Serial# 1161115
This is in an rv. Was running fine driving a roof top a/c unit and suddenly shut down. Tried to restart but would not stay running unless I held the start button on.
Good girl pressure, lots of oil, sitting level , New low pressure oil switch. Out of guesses!!
Anybody out there help?? Please!!!!!!

rbeesley1

Excuse my ignorance but how would I go about doing that if it won't run?

---------- Post added at 06:48:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44:34 PM ----------

I may be in over my head here but please excuse my ignorance and explain how I can do this when it won't run???

---------- Post added at 06:55:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48:00 PM ----------

How do I do that when it won't run?? I think I may be in over my head!! Very limited knowledge about what I am doing!!!!!

Kevin K

Subscriber
Press the start button and hold it. When the engine starts running continue to hold the start button while someone else measures the AC voltage. Perform this test quickly.

pegasuspinto

An outlet, at the panel, pull the generator apart and back of the breaker, something like that. It's not always easy and quick but the actual volts out can tell a lot about what is wrong.

pegasuspinto

Is the RV plugged in? Need to make sure you were not just reading the utility. Does your RV use a automatic or a manual switch to go from shore to gen? Unplug it either way.

Need to get consistent measurement on the AC output.