• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Getting much done during quarantine?

Scotty 2

Registered
with number plates, Lorry has his original ones and last years health check up for rego the inspector indicated that new plates will be needed next time due to them fading. (cheap NSW paint). So I went off to the now RMS and asked about replacement plates. No problem until they said sorry, not allowed to have those plates on a heavy vehicle any more. I indicated that I wanted them to remain original and they said no.
In QLD you can customise your original plates so you can get them remade. Customised is different to personalised. With customised they stay with that owner where-as personalised can be put onto anything and sold.
https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/numberplate/transfer-plates
It looks as though I may be able to get Pat's plate back. Might have to find the right person in the office for that.
https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/numberplate/replace-change#customised

hceeB

Registered
In QLD you can customise your original plates so you can get them remade. Customised is different to personalised. With customised they stay with that owner where-as personalised can be put onto anything and sold.
https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/numberplate/transfer-plates
It looks as though I may be able to get Pat's plate back. Might have to find the right person in the office for that.
https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registration/numberplate/replace-change#customised
I have a 1972 Volkswagen Beetle have had it since the 70's, over time it has been not used so stored in the shed, a couple of times I have reregistered it and as I have kept the original plates they are reused as personalised plates, a bit of money wasted but still have the plates.
Regards Geoff

Dobbo56

Registered
Been sorting through the might come in handy section in the shed today, (looking at what has to be done now that the ghosties have been moved on) and came across a couple of items, 1 was off an old mower we use to have and the other I will need the wisdom of others to tell me what it is, see photos
Dobbo

Attachments

Dobbo56

Registered
Been sorting through the might come in handy section in the shed today, (looking at what has to be done now that the ghosties have been moved on) and came across a couple of items, 1 was off an old mower we use to have and the other I will need the wisdom of others to tell me what it is, see photos
Dobbo
PS give Buzz a run today as well

karragullengine

Registered
Interesting story, growing up we had an old dodge truck and when dad bought it the plates were BO 6. BO refers to Brookton, a wheatbelt town an hour east of us. We sold the truck in 1994 (i still haven't forgiven dad but that's a whole other story, along with the xy ford...) So i bump into a guy at the local servo filling his ute and the plates were BO 6. I asked him how he got those plates hoping he might know where my dodge is, i get a real frosty 'what's it to you!' So i go on to explain about the truck. He then apologises and goes on to tell me he recently moved to brookton and went to the shire and asked for brookton plates, and said just give me lowest number available, so they came back with BO 6. He was pretty happy about that until a few locals abused him for it. Said he didn't deserve such a low number having just moved there. He said it has happened a number of times and he was a bit upset by it. So my guess is a farmer bought the truck as a farm truck and handed the plates in.

cobbadog

Registered
The Villager was from a mower of the same name with a 125cc Villiers engine on it but some had the 98cc. Those bits of chrome mouldings are interesting. Held on with 3 nuts and a slot in the middle but it looks like a right angled recess at the back end which has confused me.

cobbadog

Registered
Dobbo,
You had you Buzzy running? When did this happen or have I been so obsessed with a McDonald that I missed it and the video?

Dobbo56

Registered
The Villager was from a mower of the same name with a 125cc Villiers engine on it but some had the 98cc. Those bits of chrome mouldings are interesting. Held on with 3 nuts and a slot in the middle but it looks like a right angled recess at the back end which has confused me.
Yep it was a gold colour and I use to chase it around our yard in Redhead. I didn't find the other piece that should be in the shed, it's the height adjustor but I will find it when I pull all the shelves out to fix the white ant damage.

Dobbo56

Registered
Dobbo,
You had you Buzzy running? When did this happen or have I been so obsessed with a McDonald that I missed it and the video?
Yep rolled it out and it fired after 2 cranks but had to restart a couple of times before the kero got through, didn't take a video today. Was great to sit there having a cuppa and listern to it chuffing away. I did try to post a video of it running before but the site said that it was to large a file, it is only 2 mins long.
This week has been work on the IHC M, Beeza and Buzzy but most of all shift things around and then a day or so later more it again, IS THAT BOREDOM! :idea::faint:
Dobbo

cobbadog

Registered
Hi Dobbo,
On the rare times I have a video to post I first post it to YouTube then copy the link back to Forums. It is the simplest way for this 'non tech savvy simpleton' can do it.

asw20

Registered
Beginnings of a transport for the Tangye. The third rail in the middle is not part of it.
Have line shafting for axles.
I need to go back through some threads here to work out how to attach the axles.

For size reference, the crossmembers are 4x2.

Jarrod. Resized_20200509_195658.jpeg

Crossley Kid

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/08/2020
No big changes for the amount of time spent at work for me ( too much ).
Kids are keeping the wife busy.

Got some work done on one of the Big 4's so close to finishing it.
Also help my Dad with his Walsh and Clark Victoria , pluming, fuel lines, exhaust pipes and small fixtures etc

RustyNumbat

Registered
Getting ready to test paint a couple of small Allis bits with my "old fiat orange" paint. Be a lot easier if both of my air guns actually worked properly. One has constant air through for some reason and the others drawing stem broke off at the pot ceiling! Bit of silicone stuff got it stuck back in there though. And I have to suss out how to clean up the metal on the underhangs on that trailer, handily with a tie bar along the length blocking easy access. I suspect it shall just be by hand with some sandpaper or steel wool...

96759361_2747755832016873_996654776013815808_n.jpg

RustyNumbat

Registered
Very nice! When I got my uncles farm sign re-done as a gift I paid an artist online to make a vector image based on a photo of the original then got that printed by a commercial sign maker. (a vector image can be scaled up or down as much a you like without any quality loss, unlike a regular image made of pixels which can't. also they can be used for laser engraving etc)

Got my stuff sprayed, bare co paint with a generic all-purpose thinner. Stuff sets pretty quick and very glossy!
98344771_167975871298480_6300014177603813376_n.jpg