• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

GMC 171 -w- 10 KW GE generator

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
Does it run? does it make power? will it carry its rated load? if the answer to any of these questions is no, or dont know scrap value would be a fair offer.

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
The GM 171 is considered rare and they are quite sought after, so it’s definitely worth something. As Tracy said, condition is going to be a big factor. Unlike the rest of the 71 series, I understand the 171 has a lot of parts unique just to it. That and the fact that they didn’t make many and they didn’t make them for very long can mean you have to resort to making some parts. By no means a deal breaker. I’d LOVE to have one. It just means that condition is even more important when attempting to evaluate.

Keith

Motorhead

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Wayne, I understood that a 1200 rpm set ran a 5 pole rotor so you get 60 cycles. Am I wrong?