• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

GMC 6x6 270 Army Truck

TomBall

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/26/2019
I am working on a GMC 6x6 Army truck from the 40's. It has converted to a 270 GMC engine that has a bad exhaust manifold. Is there anywhere to buy an exhaust manifold or good used complete set up? I don't think there is much interchange with the smaller engine manifolds.

TomBall

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/26/2019
Does anyone know if there is a way to determine if my 270 has an H head without pulling it off? They have bigger ports.

Tom Marshall Jr.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/29/2019
You would really have liked a Wayne 12 port head , log manifold with 3 carbs , headers . That and Hudson Hornet twin h power , flathead fords and chrysler spitfire s ruled the dirt tracks in the 60's . Tom

dependable

Registered
Try posting on Steel Soldiers, military vehicle forum. Most likely you will get a good answer, especially if you include some pics of truck and engine.

TomBall

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/26/2019
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to pull the manifold and measure the ports when it warms up a little.