• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Good Friday Buying Trip 6 hp Famous

E27N

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/06/2020
A few weeks ago fellow stakker Chester contacted me to say he had a mate that wanted to get out of a 6 hp Famous. Phone calls were made and introductions were had at Lights on the hill last weekend, so yesterday I went for a drive to Albany to pick it up. So again, Thanks Chester!

Bit of tinkering this arvo had it going. Had to hook up my low tension coil although not for too long as the igniter is normally closed on a webster mag as opposed to normally open for a coil. Not sure whether the mag is dead or just damp from the drive home ( it was covered up but it was WET).

Martin Reed

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
08/19/2019
Re: Good Friday buying trip.

Nice outfit, especially the brakes. You don't see brake rigging on an engine that small very often.

thanks for sharing.

Martin

Inter Bloke

Registered
Re: Good Friday buying trip.

Nice pickup Andrew !

You're getting quite a collection of pre "M" Inters now aren't you !!! :brows::O

Looks a bit better than "Mine" :D

Chester

Registered
Re: Good Friday Buying Trip

Very nice Andrew, didnt take long to fire up, cheers,
Chester.

E27N

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/06/2020
Re: Good Friday Buying Trip

Very nice Andrew, didnt take long to fire up, cheers,
Chester.
Nah not much, the intake valve spring was screwed up too tight and the maggy needs a birthday but other than that it runs nice with the governor springs taken off. It does leak some compression so I’ll still get a set of rings for it.