Goodwell Pratt Model 129 Lathe

cglisson1

I just purchased this small goodell Pratt lathe. I am interested to find out more information on it. And also would like information on where I might be able to find the treadle stand for it and even other attachments. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Joe Huld

Re: Goodell pratt model 125 lathe

I bought one a year or so ago for $50 hoping to find enough parts to restore it but so far no luck. Mine has a cross slide for metal cutting and was converted to a v belt drive and is missing the primary drive; I was assuming that it had an overhead counter shaft drive but they may have offered treadle as well.

Too dark for pictures tonight but I'll post some tomorrow

Re: Goodwell pratt model 129 lathe

I have the same Goodell Pratt model & size lathe. Mine is equipped with a cross slide & dial. Probably used in some watch making company at some part of its life. Found it at a tag sale ... They make for a neat display.

cglisson1

I would like to find the cross slide for mine. That way it would fit in more at the engine shows to be a small metal lathe. And the treadle base for it would make for a neat working display. From what I’ve found out so far though. The bases are hard to find. So I might have to take another treadle base from a different piece of equipment or even a old sewing machine to make it a working display

Joe Huld

I would like to find the cross slide for mine. That way it would fit in more at the engine shows to be a small metal lathe. And the treadle base for it would make for a neat working display. From what I’ve found out so far though. The bases are hard to find. So I might have to take another treadle base from a different piece of equipment or even a old sewing machine to make it a working display
Attached are pictures of mine, I intended to restore but haven't found any parts and have too many other projects so I'm willing to sell. It does have a usable cross slide. PM me if you re interested.

Attachments

tdmidget

These lathes were rarely treadle powered. Usually a lineshaft. Commonly called a jewelers lathe or watchmakers lathe. Similar machines are produced today with Vee belt drive.