• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Google Patent Search

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
Re: Jay Leno's Steam Engine

Please tell us more about the "new Google patent search"? Sounds vewy, vewy intawesting! What do you have to do?
Thanks,
G.

Elden DuRand

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
12/22/2017

G:

Here's a link to the Google patent search engine.

http://www.google.com/patents

I found five of my six patents on it but have to see if I can find my first one. I'm sure it's there somewhere.:shrug:

Take care - Elden

Jim Mackessy

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019

Hi G. Willikers;
Looks like Elden has you covered. You can search keywords, such as "steam engine", or names, such as "George Corliss", or numbers. To
print them out you will need to record the number, go to the U.S. Patent Office site, and follow the instructions to download a "Tiff viewer", as the older patents are in the .tiff format. Then you search the number you wrote down, and print it when it comes up.

****THERE IS ONE MAJOR PROBLEM, HOWEVER...(((WARNING)))!!!****

If you have ferrous fever, aka old iron disease, this site can be extremely habit forming. Danger signs are lack of sleep, forgetting what your wife looks like, forgetting where your shop is, and failure to warm up the TV nitely. For some, wearing out a printer may be a possible side effect. - Google Responsibly!
Happy Holidays!
Jim Mackessy

Mike McKnight

Registered

A mailing list I'm on had a link to that patent site yesterday (Thanks, James!) and spent a little time playing on it. Much, much easier to use than the US patent office site. It's nice!
Mike

Elden DuRand

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
12/22/2017

I found five of my six patents on it but have to see if I can find my first one. I'm sure it's there somewhere.:shrug:
Ahh! I finally found Patent #6! Google has a few corrections to make in how their search fields are organized on some patents.

By name, I could only find the five. When I did a search by using key words and a date range, I found it. Somehow, they got my name and the street where I lived at the time mixed up. I'ts listed under the name "Central Avenue", I think, in 1967.:)

Just a few bugs to sort out of a really nice site.

Take care - Elden