• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Google search issues

KidDynamo

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/10/2018
When I do almost any Google search these days and then try to click on a search result, my computer kind of stalls for a bit as the internet address is looked for but then, it changes the address that it is searching for and lands me onto one of a number of generic search sites having nothing to do with the page I wanted.

I can access only the cached pages. This is a recent development but has made it hard to find anything.

Do I have a bug or is this normal. Has anyone encountered this and have a solution?

Just thought I'd give you folks a try at solving. Thanks for any thoughts.

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
If you are using IE try clicking on TOOLS, Internet options; and on the general tab click on "change search defaults"; select or add YOUR preference and disable all the others.

MarkBillesbach

Registered
Last Subscription Date
07/01/2018
Kide, I've had the same problem. But when I get my search results I copy and paste the address at the bottom of the search result into the search box and it goes right to the site. (make sence?) Mark:shrug:

Trevor A Cole

Registered
You have what is called "jumping" or diverting. Google shows ways of fixing it but they didn't work for me. A shop fixed mine and it was what they call a root virus. All good now.
The Trev