• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

Grease Cups

aspindr

Registered
Hi all I have what I think is a #3 Grease cup on the main bearings on a Fairbanks Morse and the caps wont screw down much. I have put them in the parts washer and bead blasted them and still no luck it looks like a #18 thread on them but where can you get a tap and die for this size? Any thoughts
Thanks!!

Pat Barrett

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Re: Grease cups

Ask a hardware, auto parts store for a thread file, that has 18 threads on it. I do feel that it may be a finer thread than that. The files are made by a co, called JAWCO. and come in diff. thread pitches. They will only work on external threads.

Pat Barrett

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Google "JAWCO" thread files, they do offer an internal threader, Jawco stands for Jack Williams Company.