• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Greetings From Central Illinois

Sonny Reese

Registered
Hi!---I am Sonny.I had to give up farming because of spinal degradation and 3 operations left me in poor condition. I currently grow a giant garden to take the ole' mind off the pain and wife and I store, can ,and freeze garden produce for winter use. I was on the farm my whole life and having to quit was a shock. I still have the equipment and its all old stuff (quite of an assortment)(pre-1980's, some from the 50's & 60's)
I have made several smaller implements to help me garden too(I cut up old stuff and make whatever I need in the line of garden sized machinery.

This is a pic of me leaning on the cart of 50+ pound each squash that we grew last year. (patch total was over 11,000 pounds. thanks; sonny

L3391

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/24/2010
Welcome to the message boards from southeast Iowa! Good to see another fellow mid-westerner on here.

Damon

JunkHunter

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/25/2010
Greetings from west central!:wave: Wow! Those are some impressive squash! Looks like you know what you are doing for sure.:eek: