• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

Greetings to Old Friends

john gilbert

Registered
Welcome aboard Jopeter, what took you so long to find this site? I am a regular viewer (daily for the past several years ) but rarely post, as there are not many questions about my expertise. But I have helped out a few times, with sheet metal questions. cheers John

jopeter

Registered
Thanks everyone ,where have I been ,waiting and hoping ?
Also in the shed!
Now to look at what is involved in posting an image..............

Ironsides

Registered
Peter,welcome to a very good site,on this one you are allowed to "make" your point when discussing a subject,Norm :bonk:

B. K. Lahey

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/03/2012
Welcome Peter, there's quite a few of the old forum members here,
BK (oldcranker):brows:

V

Velofellow

Gudday Peter (and Ray and many others)
New to this, tried TOMM a bit but gave it away when I thought it got a bit silly.
Was going to ride one of the Velos to the Steaming Day next Sunday, but, unlike in the old days, I don't HAVE to ride in the rain now.
JW² (aka Jack)

jopeter

Registered
Hi Jack,glad to hear that you are still able to throw the leg over the saddle!Riding in the rain is not pleasant!
Glad to see you made it to this forum .....I felt it was not the TOMM forum that got silly ,it was the administration, However it is now dead and gone and you will find this forum so much better ,lots on it .
No doubt you are reading the " Vintage Chatter'' and see that the pre 1911 Australian Rally is on here in Albany soon. If I can get the Raleigh licensed in time I will be a travelling marshal .Shall we do a repeat ride in the parade at the next Brookton Old Time Motor Show?

V

Velofellow

G'day again Ray & Peter.
Thanks for the welcome.
Yep, I'll be at the next Brookton, whenever it is. Every second year I think? We'll muscle in (if "muscle" is the right word to use with an LE & a Raleigh!!?) on the Ford convoy again? Why break with tradition?

I visited that chap recently who had the model gas producer at Brookton - turns out we already knew each other - he also has (among many others) an LE.

Think I'll just take the Flamegulper and model steam engine to the Steaming Day tomorrow - rain forecast.

Will go out today to help set up.

Jack