• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

hameg 20 MHz oscilloscope

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
about a year or so i was looking for a scope, now i have two! this one is a HM203-4. this is something completely new to me, so just what all can i do with this thing???!!:rotfl: sgt schultz i am!

EICBob

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/15/2020
Looks like a nice dual trace scope. Lots of things come to mind, checking pulses from a Hall effect switch, such as in an electronic ignition distributor, voltage differential between two sources.
RF noise, various signal levels.
Need to be very careful NOT to exceed the maximum In put rating of the scope.

Good luck with it Tracy...

-BobC

Last edited:

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
I need to dig around and see if i can find a manual on it i guess. there is a older fellow in town that was using a scope to test components like say on a onan yd regulator board, he fixed one board for me and that sparked my interest.

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
looks like i got the tittle wrong, their fancy writing looked like a B but it is a G. I found a manual online skimmed thru it and learned a little. 2 channel like bob said, COOL!

KeithW

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/28/2020
I have used my scope for everything from restoring antique radios to troubleshooting electronic distributors and fuel injection systems. Amazingly versatile tool.

Fred Van Hook

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
about a year or so i was looking for a scope, now i have two! this one is a HM203-4. this is something completely new to me, so just what all can i do with this thing???!!:rotfl: sgt schultz i am!
Why do I not see a picture??

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
all in due time, i bought it in a mixed lot for $50. I had no idea the scope alone was $500 ish!

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
It came with one set of probes, but thanks for the link i could use another set or two.