Harrison Jumbo

Suden1

Their is 21 engines that we know of and have seen them or talked to the owner that is on our list. Sorry to say about the patterns is that you only got a few patterns. And I can tell for a fact that the later patterns were sold for scrap. They were make out of aluminum. The patterns that are on the wall at janeville are mostly for the old style jumbo. Be cause the new style patterns were cast in alumium. I have the last jumbo to leave the factory in may of 1937. I have the railroad bill and the purchase bill from Harrison .Joe Drexelius purchased the engine new for the factory and also worked at harrisons in the fall and winter. I got the engine from him in 1973 and 1988 I got the engine that his dad got new in 1883 ser no 1007 a 10 H.P.

I

ih10662000

i dont know if our harrison is on that list. but i would still like a copy. ther has been talk of a jumbo home coming to bellville.

I

ih10662000

o btw looking in to some new paint for old gal. been looking for some paint codes
all i can find are bw pics and re paints from the 70s been talking to the guys in bellviile havent herd back yet. our jumbo is no. 2294 just in case it comes up

Casemaker

Suden1 said:
1988 I got the engine that his dad got new in 1883 ser no 1007 a 10 H.P.
I would like to see some pictures of ser no 1007 steamed up and running.... how many pounds of steam do you carry on it ?

P

puddin

I would like to see some pictures of ser no 1007 steamed up and running.... how many pounds of steam do you carry on it ?
This engine has been a work in progress for over a decade. You may never live long enough to see it run.

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Might want to read in the thread about the House on the Rock in Wisconsin. There is a statement in there about Harrison patterns.

Chuck Sindelar

In Memory Of
Might want to read in the thread about the House on the Rock in Wisconsin. There is a statement in there about Harrison patterns.
It has been reported that only a few of the existing Jumbo patterns are on display at the Rock River Thresheree show grounds. Most of them are being stored elsewhere.
chuck

Farquhar

I've got some pretty god pics of a Harrison, taken in 1996, at Boonville Mo. I was into taking pics then, and never considered getting any numbers. It was a really nice engine, and was pulling a rock crusher that time.

Chuck Sindelar

In Memory Of
I admitedly know very little about Harrisons. Is it true that most of them were equiped with two speeds forward? And some were equiped with THREE (3) speeds forward? Do any still exist today with the three forward speeds? If so, where can one of those be seen under steam?
chuck

Casemaker

Has anyone in the US or in the UK seen the "Little Princess" model in the last few years. I heard that it left southern Missouri headed to the UK several years ago. This model was built from the full size "Little Princess" which is or was at the Mt Pleasant museum. Its quite memorable because the crankshaft is behind back head on the boiler and the smokestack is thru the steam dome at the very front of the boiler.

Casemaker,
I just thought I'd post this here again, so people could see what you were talking about, regarding the model of this engine at Mount Pleasant. That really is unique with the smokestack up through the steam dome and the fact it lived under water in a river for ages.
Gary;)

Casemaker

Casemaker,
I just thought I'd post this here again, so people could see what you were talking about, regarding the model of this engine at Mount Pleasant. That really is unique with the smokestack up through the steam dome and the fact it lived under water in a river for ages.
Gary;)

Gary,
thanks for posting that picture....regarding the 1/2 scale model..the men that built it took 10 years and was a decent reprsentation of the full size one. I heard that the 1/2 scale model was sold at one time at a yard sale for a few hundred dollars. I would loved to bought it when it was advertised in the IMA for $8500 several years ago. Believe me it would get more attention that another 1/2 scale Case.:eek:

Chuck Sindelar

In Memory Of
In 1880 to1890s the jumbo has 3 speeds if you come to wood river I will happy to show you one .
Joe,

In that time period of the 1880s and '90s, were all of them three speed, or was the third speed an option? Regard the one you have that has the three speeds: Can that one be seen under steam, or is that the one that was mentioned in an earlier post that will not be running in my lifetime? Is yours the only one known that has three speeds?
thanks
chuck

HalfKeck

Subscriber
:) two well known Case engine guys were sitting at a certain well known Jumbo engine owners table one day. One of the Case guys asked the other Case guy "C----, do you know what I would do if I ever won the lottery?" C---- answered back, "well I expect that you would buy a Case 110, as I know that you have always wanted one and it would nearly complete your collection" The first Case guy said "Nope, not even close! if I ever win the lottery, I am going to buy me a Jumbo engine, just to see one of those engines actually works!":crazy:

some names and language has been changed to protect.....me!:wave:

Casemaker

:) two well known Case engine guys were sitting at a certain well known Jumbo engine owners table one day. One of the Case guys asked the other Case guy "C----, do you know what I would do if I ever won the lottery?" C---- answered back, "well I expect that you would buy a Case 110, as I know that you have always wanted one and it would nearly complete your collection" The first Case guy said "Nope, not even close! if I ever win the lottery, I am going to buy me a Jumbo engine, just to see one of those engines actually works!":crazy:

some names and language has been changed to protect.....me!:wave:
Halfkeck,
I believe that could apply to several Jumbo owners, in my observances if someone dont start on a project after 3 years..then chances are it will THEY will Never start on it let alone get it done. This applies to myself as well, and several times I have changed my course and cut loose of projects in order to see them completed.