Hart-Parr 18-36 purchase looks to be a go!

AngrySailor

Subscriber
Hey guys, been a while since I posted here in the tractor section, but I was trying to strike up a deal with family after the passing of my Uncle.

After much help from some STAK members, and a great chat with a fellow from Nixon Aution house, I was able to provide them with some recent sale values for this model, after some consideration they’ve accepted my offer! Being family I didn’t want to low ball too hard or push the issue but seems it’s all worked out in the end.

I also acquired a 1925 Fordson F which my Uncle had restored nicely many years ago, it’s an older restoration but will clean up real easy. Also with that tractor came 3 parts/require restoration Fordsons and all the Fordson related parts. That brings my Fordson total to 7, one of which is an Irish model which I’ve never worked on :uhoh: I may have “issues”

So now onto eating Mac&cheese with hot dogs for the foreseeable future as I still have to arrange shipping for this big beast, about 1600 Miles...

Sorry for pic quality, the building was full so hard to get good angles and the lighting was terrible...

Attachments

AngrySailor

Subscriber
Thanks! I can’t wait to play with it! Will likely be next summer before it makes it way east to my place though. I really shouldn’t have bought it but I couldn’t resist... I doubt I’d ever have another opportunity to own one so I pulled the trigger. Also nice to keep it in the family.

AngrySailor

Subscriber
From what I can see it’s very complete and original although I am not overly familiar with them and have lots to learn! Amazing nobody stole the winged rad cap after all these years! It was last run in the summer of 2017 I believe. It spend the day running the saw mill at the last show it attended so I didn’t anticipate many problems to get her going again. I hope!

Jeff Blaney

Subscriber
I second Craig... that is a real nice looking Hart Parr. I think you are going to have fun with it! I am curious about the round decals on the rear of the fenders? I can't make out what they say.

AngrySailor

Subscriber
Doesn’t show up well in the pic. It’s pretty faded, but readable in person. The lighting was real bad in that barn. I don’t plan to do any paint or restoration, any tips on bringing up old decals or even what should be done? I’m thinking no cleaning also? It’s a real “barn find” as my uncle found it.

Attachments

Jeff Blaney

Subscriber
Thanks. Goodison was the Canadian distributor for Hart Parr and later on, Oliver tractors. That is neat the decal is still visible. There are several solutions/treatments for these good original machines. Some people use a product called Owatrol/Penetrol and spray or brush it on. I’ll let others with more experience chime in on that though.

David Hoover

Subscriber
The round decals are the dealer stickers “goodison threshing co.” If I recall.
Wow, that’s a very rare decal. Get the best pic you can, that needs to be reproduced. Can you see if it says anything down on the frame on each side. What province did it come from? You’ve got one of the most accurate Canadian Hart Parr’s there is!

Last edited:

AngrySailor

Subscriber
I am away from the tractors location right now so only have the pics I took while there. The tractor is from southern Ontario, as I understand it, Goodison was the Hart Parr dealer for that region? I will most definitely take the best photos I can when I have the chance though.

Edit: jeff, I missed your reply. Thanks for confirming goodison as the dealer.

AngrySailor

Subscriber
There is some lettering but hard to see in the pics. It’s also dusty as heck in that barn. If I recall you can read the 18-36 on both rear fenders pretty well also. I don’t know when I’ll be able to get to it’s location next... I plan to leave it stored at my Uncles place until I have transport arranged to my place. I recently built a 28’x40’ pole barn for extra storage so she’ll be indoors when she arrives. My father has no room at his place in Niagara for it either. He may be going there tomorrow to move some of the Fordsons, I’ll see if he can get some better pictures...

G Willikers

Sponsor
There is an 18-36 near here. As I recall, there were traces of "Sold By John Goodison etc." on the frame between the motor and the rad.

AngrySailor

Subscriber
I was reading about Goodison earlier. Seems they were located just outside Sarnia Ontario. The one article made it sound like there was a museum there but wasn’t clear about it. If there’s something to see there, I am frequently there while working on the ship and may have time to check it out.

Thanks for the manual! I found a repop online for about $45 also.