• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Hart Parr 40-80

rob hart parr

Registered
hello people

here is a picture out of the book , Hart Parr photoarchive, You can see on the left side a 40-80 Hart Parr complete, and on the right side you can see 2 frames of the 40-80, does someone one more about them, or have more pictures of it?

greetings From Rob Hart Parr

Attachments

Alan New

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2009
I have a Hart Parr catalog, 1913, I think. I'll try to scan some information out it this week and post it, unless someone else gets to it first.

Alan

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
Boys,
I posted this picture maybe last year? Can't recall the thread and I have forgotten now the source but I think Canadian Thresherman around 1913. It shows 3 HPs pulling JD plows at the Minnesota State Fair and caption says, left to right, 30 brake h.p., 45, 80.
This is from a tiny slit of a photo so not a great scan:eek:. I'll have to find the issue of the magazine and make a better copy if possible.
G.

Attachments

FWurth

One Millionth Post
Last Subscription Date
07/29/2019
Rob,

If you look closely on the left side of your picture, there is another frame in front of the complete tractor.

Frank

Ironman

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/10/2011
Interesting picture! Is that a complete 30-60 being lifted by an overhead crane in the far background?

Brothers Clemens

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2018
Rob if you looke at your picture.
And if you see the 30-60s on the back, can you imagen how big the 40-80 are :confused: not talking about the 60-100 :uhoh:

Clemens Bros

rob hart parr

Registered
Hi brothers Clemens, yes when you look at a 30-60, its big, but its very sad, that are from the 40-80 and the 60-100 are no more tractors are still on the world anymore

Brothers Clemens

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2018
About this Hart Parr 40-80 item,
We have a very raare old postcard taken at the Hart Parr factory with a 40-80 on it.
Butt i dont know if there are some Smokestakers interested in :shrug:
I can scan it and putt it on this item :uhoh:

Clemens Bros.

Alan New

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2009
Rob, and Brothers Clemens,

Bannerboy and I finally figured out how to scan catalog pages from my 1913 Hart Parr catalog. I hope these come through OK. I've got 7 page all together. I'm sending 4 now. I'll send the last 3 if this one works.

Alan

Attachments

Alan New

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2009
OK, it looks like that worked.

Here are the last 3 pages on the 40-80 from my catalog. I agree with all of you that I really do wish there was one of these tractors left. I'd love to see one, let alone drive one.

Alan

Attachments

Beth V

Last Subscription Date
03/03/2018
Great information! I would like to see one (maybe even operate it...with ear protection, of course!:D). How many were built and where were they delivered?

Thanks!
Beth

rob hart parr

Registered
Hi Alan thank you very much for the pictures, it is really a very big tractor, i found it very strange that there is no one of them left anymore, thats really sad, when you see that the crankcase had a size of 6 and halve inch of diameter! really big!

greetings Rob

Ron Vance

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/21/2015
Hello All,

In the book This Was Wheat Farming by Kirby Brumfield (Bonanza Books, 1968), on pp. 106-107 the author recounts a humorous anecdote (supplemented with photographs) involving a HART-PARR 40-80.

The story, according to Brumfield, goes like this: in March 1908, near Wasco, OR, George Hilderbrand’s HART-PARR 40-80 had broken down in a wheat stubble field. Hilderbrand contacted his neighbor, Walt Medler, about towing out the HART-PARR with his (Medler’s) HOLT 45 crawler. Neither man was sure that the smaller HOLT could extract the much heavier HART-PARR, but they gave it a go one evening just to see. The HOLT proved successful in moving the 40-80, so they put a secret plan in motion. They left the stranded 40-80 in place, obscured the tracks in the ground made by both machines, and returned home.

Their feat was that evening was unknown to rest of the community, and the next day, word quickly spread around about the possibilities of Medler’s HOLT pulling Hilderbrand’s HART-PARR back to the shed. Apparently, there was some wagering on the outcome. :eek: And so, at a specified time, many assembled in the stubble field to observe the HOLT’s attempt. And, some of those having a financial interest in the outcome were quite surprised to see the HOLT easily pulling the HART-PARR, while Hilderbrand and Medler had the last laugh.

Alan New

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2009
Hi Rob,

You're welcome. Glad I could help. I thought I heard once that the remains of one still existed out west somewhere. It may have been just a rumor. I sure do wish it were true.

Ron, thanks for sharing that story. I've got that book too, but hadn't thought of relating the story. Glad you did.

Alan

Brothers Clemens

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2018
Yes scan the postcard! iam very interested in it!
Hello Rob,
I was disappointed :confused: there no one interested aboud my ver raare Hart Parr 40-80 postcard.
Maby the Smokstakers are :zz:
Ore they dont want to see it :rant:

Wel here it is fore you :wave:
Its taken in 1911 and i think the roof on the floor belangs to a 30-60

Clemens bros.

Attachments

rob hart parr

Registered
Hi Brothers, wat a tractor it is with the 2 coolingexhaust! thank you for the picture, when you was now on my place , you get a kiss from me!

Lyle S

Registered
Beth there were only ten of them built. By looking through one year of record books I found where three were shipped to California with one being returned for a replacement and also one being shipped to South Dakota. That was all the time I had to check.
Chris I have that same postcard and I believe that the roof laying beside the 40-80 is for that tractor. I think that they were so tall that they were shipped without the canopy and it was installed later.
Lyle S