• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

Hart Parr named Goliath - Anyone name their old tractor?

RDM

Registered
I officially named my old Hart Parr 18-36 "Goliath". It was easy, I created a nice vinyl opaque decal 12"W X 18"H at Signs.com for $26.72 plus $6.00 shipping. There are actually three generations all named David slaying the great Hart Parr in the photo. Enjoy! RDM

Attachments

Russ Hamm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2024
Hadnt named all of ours but the 17-28 I call Adolph after the original owner and decide on Lester for the FTA because my Dad's uncle Lester was an M&M man and was always really crabby.:D
My wife thinks my W-12 goes by pookie.

Attachments

Duey C

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2019
I'm afraid a bunch of my old junk have names attached to them! Grey, Rusty and 2 are the Twin City tractors I have named! Don't ask me about these damned Ford model T's that I love too. :O
Nice 18-36!

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
The only names I've given anything with an engine are temporary names if they don't start..….. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Inverted

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
12/26/2019
sadly and maybe some what childish but I name almost all of the ones I restore. Some are named after the person that I purchased them from some after good friends and some as I see them? My latest was a late 10 - 20 Mogul that looking at if from the back is how I got a name for it. Do really like the Tractor but named it Fat Ass as you can tell by the photo:shrug:

Attachments

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
The GS&M Ideal is called Fred because it has Fred XIII stamped into the axle. Not sure who Fred was but he might have been someone at the Brantford works or at the delivery point in Manitoba. I guess we will never know? The Wallis is named Wally of course, but also because the former owner was named Wally.

Attachments

Thaumaturge

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Never owned an old tractor... or new one for that matter I have quite often named my cars and trucks, though. My old IH Metromite was called "Vincent" (Vincent van go). Called my Honda CRX "Elsie" (L.C. for little car). My F250 truck is called "Hoss" (self named from "whoa hoss!" from having weird brakes when I first bought it.)
My first VW bus was called "Whiskey" after Kirk Douglas' horse in "The Villan". First VW bug was called "Vibes".
Doc

Last edited:

Russ Hamm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/12/2024
sadly and maybe some what childish but I name almost all of the ones I restore. Some are named after the person that I purchased them from some after good friends and some as I see them? My latest was a late 10 - 20 Mogul that looking at if from the back is how I got a name for it. Do really like the Tractor but named it Fat Ass as you can tell by the photo:shrug:
That is a beautiful 10-20.

casertractor

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/24/2018
The GS&M Ideal is called Fred because it has Fred XIII stamped into the axle. Not sure who Fred was but he might have been someone at the Brantford works or at the delivery point in Manitoba. I guess we will never know? The Wallis is named Wally of course, but also because the former owner was named Wally.

In another few more years you can re name them WAXMAN :D

Inverted

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
12/26/2019
I have one that I did not name as it named itself with the help of a couple of friends from Oregon and Washington.
It was late 2004 and I was working on a Caterpillar 22 and thinking about scrapping it out as we had several 22's. I had just started taking it apart when the two friends stopped by. We were talking about it and I showed them the ID tag (which there are 3 in different places). The ID tag said J 666 SP :confused:
Now the one friend from Oregon replied and said that is the Anti Cat - So it is so named:bonk:
It came out really nice and it did make the front cover of the January February 2006 Antique Caterpillar Magazine which was very neat.
Now we have tried to figure out why it had the SP ID added and we have never figured out why the SP. No difference in speed or any attachments was ever on it.
I just thought I would share this different story. We do take it to quite a few shows and enjoy it. Oh and yes it has tried to get me several times:eek:
Also in the photo of the rear one can see the name one each side of the brass tag.

Attachments